terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2018

Prepositions


Hello students and friends! Do you find it tricky to use prepositions? Here are some useful examples! Check them out!

PREPOSITIONS

Teacher Keith


Image result for students doubtful faces


Specific day.
ON Saturday.
ON New Year’s Eve
On Christmas Day
On Valentine’s Day
On the 21st of June.


Specific holiday time
AT Easter
AT Christmas Time

Specific month/Year/Century
IN June, July.
In 2018
In the 21st Century

Specific time of the day
I will see you AT 8 o’clock
I will speak to you AT noon.
Let’s get something to eat together AT lunch time


Seasons of the Year
In Summer
In Autumn
In Winter
In Spring

Time reference
At the weekend
At “the right time”

Position /location
I am at the door
I am at the park/shopping mall (but you can also say “I’m in the park”)

Technology
On the TV (I watched a film on the TV).
On the cell phone (I’m on the phone to someone)/ (I have received a message on my phone)
On the computer (I’m reading the news on my computer).


Now you do it:


1. My wedding anniversary is celebrated_______May.
2. People have to wear heavy coats  _______Winter.
3. Hurry up! I am waiting for you ______the door!
4. We have English classes _____the weekend. We are loving it!
5. Silence, please! I am working______the computer.
6. Your doctor's appointment is _____3 p.m. Don't forget.
7. Where are you, Paula? I am waiting for you _______the park!
8. Look at these messages ______my phone! Isn't he a jerk?
9. I was born ______July.
10. John and Michael were born _______ December 29, 2008. They are twins!

Hope it has helped you all!

Regards,

Teacher Keith


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Reading Comprehension Exercise, Text 1

The Basics of Economics By Teacher Sarah and Teacher Keith People must make choices because of scarcity , the fact that they do...